Skip to content
- 1 large russett potato, scrubbed clean
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 small dollop of butter
- Splash of milk
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 handful of cheddar, grated and divided
- 1 strip of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeno, diced
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Using a fork, puncture several holes all over the potato and place on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil and top with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, until a fork easily enters.
- While the potato is cooling, cook up the bacon in a small skillet, until crispy.
- When the potatoes are slightly cooled, using a knife, slice off the top, lengthwise and scoop out the potato guts and into a small bowl.
- Add the butter, milk and sour cream and mash until nice and creamy.
- Fold in the cheddar and jalapeno.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mixture to the potato skin, top with a small handful of cheddar and chopped bacon.
- Place in the oven for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.