Skip to content
- 1 3/4 cups red Zinfandel
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 3x1-inch strip orange peel
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- Combine all ingredients except cranberries in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1 3/4 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup into large saucepan.
- Add cranberries to syrup and cook over medium heat until berries burst, about 6 minutes.
- Cool. Transfer sauce to medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cold.